Sunday, July 20, 2014

Portrait Photographer | Loveland, Fort Collins, Northern CO

Katie emailed me a few weeks ago inquiring about a portrait session. She was looking for a photographer and saw my portfolio on my website. She explained that she wasn't a high school senior but a simple country girl who is also in the military.

After getting to know her via email, we decided to go for an on location photo shoot late in the afternoon. It got a little unnerving as dark stormy clouds moved in and lingered until 4:30 pm. It rained heavily and I was obsessed with checking the satellite view on the Weather Channel App on my phone.  But just like how it poured out of nowhere, the clouds lifted right before the shoot and it was gorgeous.

My adorable assistant Jane and I met Katie on location. As I was getting to know her, I couldn't believe how amazing this woman is. She's in the Air Force, studying radiology and working a full-time job (just got a promotion on top of it!). Her story was very empowering, especially for young women. Little did I know she has a disabled brother. You can tell how much she loves him and what she would do for him. Truly amazing and I am so glad to have photographed this beautiful woman. Thank you Katie!  You're so inspiring.


















Last but not least, this is the text message I got from Katie:


This made my day.

Portrait Photographer Loveland, Fort Collins, and Northern Colorado

Hair and makeup by Jeni from Just Teazin Hair
And thank you so much to my lovely assistant, Jane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment