Wednesday, January 30, 2013

High School Senior Business Headshot Portrait Photographer in Ft Collins Loveland and other NOCO Area

I was recently challenged by a consultant to come up with an official business plan for Shoebox Stories Photography.  At first I was taken aback by this proposal because it just felt like I was in school.  She showed me a template and seriously, it brought up these really unpleasant memories about being in graduate school all over again.  YUCK!

That was about 3 weeks ago... and I didn't want anything to do with it.  Then I recalled something.  During our one hour conversation 3 weeks ago, she asked me what is different about me.  "What do you bring to the table that other photographers don't?" At first I thought this was an easy question and I got this.  I knew in my heart what was different and to be honest, "special," but I really couldn't formulate them in words right away.  This was what motivated me to sit in front of my desk, take 3 blank pieces of paper and my favorite gel pen out like the way I used to when I had to write 10+ page essays.

I won't type everything out what I have written so far but here are my key items:

Mission Statement: To capture ordinary, everyday moments and translate them into extraordinary memories to be treasured for a lifetime.

Business Philosophy: Providing the utmost quality images/products in a timely manner and encouraging a learning environment to continue challenging and advancing the photographer's (my) skill sets.

Most Important Company Strengths/Core Competencies:

 (... This was the toughest I got to admit.. especially writing in third person.)

Shoebox Stories Photography (SSP) only utilizes professional grade equipments as well as prints/products in order to provide high quality images. Capturing emotions people exchange and telling a story are SSP's specialty.  SSP focuses on being natural in order to bring out the true personalities in front of the camera. At the same time, SSP emphasizes on finding the best composition to compliment the subject[s] (to ensure you look awesome!).

There you go. That's what I have so far (besides the boring "goals" and "objectives") and because of it I was able to update my website. Sorry if I bored you to death. :) I'll leave you with these photos I haven't blogged yet.

















No comments:

Post a Comment