Friday, June 8, 2012

Santa Clarita Children and Family Photography



Ok. I have made my half year resolution: Keep my blog updated. :) On a side note, can you believe it's already June?!?

I have been so blessed to reunite with old friends and make new friends capturing their special days the past few months.  This got me thinking. When catching up with the old and introducing myself to the new friends, I find myself explaining my photography style. So I thought I should blog about it! :)

My standard way of introducing myself: "Hi, I'm a children and family photographer in Santa Clarita," but I do understand that this doesn't really mean much in terms of my work.

To simply put it, my style is candid.  As I wrote it in my website and Facebook introduction, I am all about capturing real life moments whether it be new milestones or special events. With each shot, it's about telling a story without saying a word.  Showcasing each child's personality, their emotions, their quirkiness, the joy they bring to their proud parents, and the adoration and the love they have towards each other.

I rarely have my clients pose when I'm taking pictures.  I may direct them in terms of where to sit/stand/look based on lighting (I know what I'm going to blog about next. Hah!) but my "go to" method is to just sneak up on them and shoot while they're interacting with each other.  As a result, I get very natural, meaningful, and personalized photos that my clients appreciate.









 








4 comments:

  1. great job at capturing those precious moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! You have always been so encouraging and supportive.

      Delete
  2. wow Sandra!! These are all so beautiful! love the one of the baby on her tummy and the one with the bubbles. . wow, all so great!

    ReplyDelete